We are committed to digital ethics in all interactions
We know the power of human relationships, ethical transparency, and evidence-based solutions. All user experience relies on the humane interface. We design for humans.
About Interface Guru
Our boutique user experience practice was founded in 1999 by Cia Romano for the purpose of connecting users more closely to the design and development of digital products. Based in Tucson, Arizona, US, Interface Guru works with users and product teams around the world. Interface Guru is a woman- and-minority owned corporation.
We become an extension of your team.
Your project needs drive our processes. Your culture drives our approach. Rely on our experience to successfully take user experience projects to completion.
Cheyanne Skye Emerson
- Cia Romano, Founder and Senior UX Analyst: Cia founded Interface Guru in 1999 to advance user-centric digital design. Cia has designed and conducted user testing with thousands of people. She has presented at international conferences and trained digital teams in usability and user experience.
- Zoe O’Reilly, Project Manager and UX Analyst: Zoe is a web veteran who began blogging in 1997. She manages projects at Interface Guru, while also designing and moderating user tests. She is a former champion roller derby captain.
- Brian Peterson, Senior Developer and UX Analyst: Brian is a computer scientist and programmer, specializing in task flow analysis and design. He is also a photographer and an amateur gemologist.
- Cheyanne Skye Emerson, Operations Manager: Cheyanne manages Interface Guru’s day to day operations, while bringing a sharp eye to user interface design. Cheyanne leads with team-work principles from athletics; she is also a visual artist.
Corinna Sara Bechko, Technical Writer: Corinna edits and writes documentation for Interface Guru. She is an animal behaviorist, trained fossil preparer, and twice New York Times best-selling author.
- Holly Torres, Finance Manager: Holly brings enterprise-level finance skills to Interface Guru’s complex business. She is also a desert adventurer.
Deep experience across varied sectors
Interface Guru serves product managers and client teams spanning the breadth of business, industry, and sciences. We are qualified to work on grant-based projects for Federal agencies.
- Media and publishing (B2B, B2C)
- Healthcare and utilities
- Associations and nonprofits
- Museums, aquariums, and destination marketing organizations (DMOs)
- Universities and academic publishers
- Federal agencies, state and city governments
- Technology and scientific instrumentation companies
- Citizen science and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) education